Provide a one page write-up answering the following questions:
- Explain how your research interests align with your lab of choice.
- What is/are the research question(s) that the project proposal aims to address? Mention specific experiments, if known, that you plan to perform to address these questions.
- Briefly describe your plans after graduation and how this research experience will help achieve your goals.
The research proposal must be prepared according to the following standards:
- The page must be 8 ½” x 11″ (216 mm x 279 mm).
- Use a minimum margin of 1” on all sides.
- All text must be Times New Roman minimum 12-point and singly spaced. Do not use condensed line spacing.
- Any figures or tables should fit within the assigned page.
- Additional pages are allowed for references.
- Add your Internship Application number as header and avoid usage of your name in the proposal.
The research proposal carries significant weightage in the evaluation process. Emphasis will be given to creativity, understanding of the field, presentation of content and vision. All proposals will be checked for plagiarism and any evidence of plagiarized text will result in immediate disqualification of the applicant.